Monday 21 May 2012

Opening in FOUR HOURS!!!!

It's time to play the music. 
It's time to light the lights. 
It's time to turn on the projector 
-- for Opening Night tonight.

That's right, I'm a huge Muppets fan. I'm also a huge St Kilda Film Festival fan (if you've not noticed) -- speaking of which, it's time to officially OPEN THE FESTIVAL! Tonight The Palais plays host to an eclectic range of films -- a taste of the smorgasbord to come.

In its 29th year, SKFF is a uniquely 'Melbourne' event -- with over 100 films from some of Australia's best filmmakers screening over the week, alongside forums and special screenings, it all culminates in Sunday's Closing Night awards.

The films to be screened tonight are: 
Suspended -- A magical spectacle
Burn -- Epic skateboarding short
Am I OK -- A tongue-in-cheek existential crisis
Sidewalk Scribble -- A musical portrait of a city
Transmission -- The apocalypse with a twist
The Globe Collector -- Documentary making at its most inventive
Into the Sun -- An angel falls from the sky into deep water
Bonny Doon -- Comedy gold in a car

I hope that you're as excited as I am about all these fabulous films and catch glimpses of those who made them!

Also, yesterday I blogged a bunch of quotes from all the SKFF staff, minus the wonderful Amber Harris -- Program Development -- who was away from the office. 


In answer to my general question, 'What are you most excited about for Opening Night?' 
"Finally putting faces to the names of filmmakers and Industry folk I've been talking to over the past few months"

On that note, see you real soon!
I'm off to put my face on...

LOVE

Fancy Dress Intern






No comments:

Post a Comment